I am the founder and author of the ImageMeter software.
If you came here because of that, please proceed to the ImageMeter website.
If you came here because of libheif, please proceed to the Github project site.
I am also open for consultancy and freelancing projects.
My main expertise is in the areas of
- computer vision (3D-video, machine learning, object tracking, segmentation),
- image compression (HEIF/AVIF)
- video coding (H.265/HEVC, H.264, MPEG-2)
- optimization algorithms,
- mobile and desktop application development (mostly C++).
I have provided assessments and support in various international patent litigation cases in the video coding context.
On this website, you can find
- my publications,
- some older software projects,
- short descriptions of some of my past projects.
The website is not very up-to-date as I'm too busy to maintain this.
If you'd like to know the current temperatures and air quality on my balcony (Stuttgart, Germany), see here.
Feel free to .